Pilates Transition Program (Bridging)
Bridge your previous Pilates education with the Polestar curriculum for both Studio and Rehabilitation programs. With this program, you may leverage your Pilates experience to complete assignments, prove self-mastery, and to complete the exam.
There are two tracks for the Transition Program:
- Transition Intensive
- Polestar Principles Online, followed by six consecutive eight-hour days
- Transition Traditional
- Polestar Principles Online, followed by the Comprehensive series which consists of six, two-day course modules (most students in this group are new students)
Aside from course hours, there are additional hours required for graduation and qualification of PMA Certification examination. Observation, apprentice teaching, and self-mastery hours are the responsibility of the student to complete outside of the course. A percentage of these hours can be completed using online support materials.
- Web-enhanced learning:
- Access to online support materials 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (listen to mini-lectures, view exercise content and review movement concepts)
- Live chat sessions with qualified Polestar Educators and Mentors
- Labs (doing, observing, teaching)
- Problem solving (utilizing case studies and deductive reasoning)
- Hands-on teaching (group and individuals)
- Assessment skills
- Principles of neuro-linguistics (modeling, sequencing and structuring information, maintaining appropriate learning states)
- Graduate of a reputable Pilates education organization* in a comprehensive program covering a combination of Reformer, Trapeze Table, Chair, Ladder Barrel and Mat work
- One semester of basic anatomy/physiology or equivalent
- Completion of Polestar Principles Online
- To qualify for the Rehabilitation diploma, you must be a licensed or certified health care professional (MD, PT, DO, DC, ATC). All other applicants qualify for the Studio diploma.
- Registration Fee: $500
- Course Fee: $3900
- Manuals: $100
- If you would like to take the exam and become a Polestar Pilates Practicioner, the cost is $600.
Payment plans available.
Save more when you register early! US applicants can call (305) 666-0037 for details.
* Registration fee is non-refundable
* Course fee includes lectures, labs, quizzes, discussions, assignments, check-offs and in-person meetings.
* Course manuals and examination are charged separately.
* This examination is to become a Polestar Practitioner
* Practice Hours (observation, assistant teaching and self-mastery) are not included in tuition. Student is responsible for all fees associated with accumulating these hours (estimated at $1000 depending on studio rates in your area).
***If you are interested in taking the series outside of the US, please contact your local licensee.
If you have graduated from a program below (or are a PMA® Certified Pilates Teacher), you qualify for the Transition program.
- PMA® Certified Pilates Teachers
- Balanced Body
- Body Arts and Science International (BASI)
- Carpe Diem Pilates Education
- Core Dynamics
- JL Body Conditioning Inc.
- Kane School
- Lolita's Legacy
- Long Beach Dance Conditioning
- McEntire Pilates
- Performance Best Pilates
- PhysicalMind Institute
- Pilates Center of Austin
- Polestar Pilates Education
- Power Pilates
- PHI Pilates
- Fletcher Pilates
- Stott Pilates
- Studio du Corps
- The Pilates Center, Boulder
- West Coast Pilates
- Well Tempered Workout
If your school is not listed, please give us a call at (305) 666-0037 to inquire.